Sunday, March 8, 2009

self.

thoughts:

It occurred to me this morning as we sang in church a song that includes the lyrics "He is mine" that we as humans are soo self centered. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with calling God "mine," "ours," etc. But how often do we see ourselves as His? Sure, we say we're God's servants, but in terms of seeing ourselves as God's possessions, what does that even mean to us? If we truly belong to God, and God is Lord above all, wouldn't it make more sense to celebrate the fact that we are His rather than the fact that He is ours? We as humans don't own anything. And I do mean absolutely nothing. God owns all and allows us to take care of His possessions. Knowing this, that we own absolutely nothing, I feel like the focus should be that we are God's people. The other side of this is that when we do claim God as our own, I feel that it should be done in a manner of reverent awe. The fact that almighty God allows us to call Him our own is so amazingly significant. To realize the importance of it makes all the difference.

3 comments:

  1. The thing that is more beautiful than the fact that He let's us call Him "ours", is the fact that before that, he first called US His. It's amazing. You should read Ephesians 2:8, John 10, John 6, and some of Song Of Solomon together, and I think you'd get alot out of it....

    "I am the good shephard, and I lay my life down for my sheep."


    PS: You're pre-prom dress pictures are cool, you look beautiful! I hope you have fun at prom. Since I skipped high school, the only reason I'm going this year is because a girl I really like asked me. Hahaha. But anywho. Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input/suggestions! and thanks for the compliment! I hope you have fun at prom man! And good luck with the girl...make sure she can two step though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant *Ephesians 2, not 2:8

    and Thanks! I'm actually going to teach her. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete