Monday, February 23, 2009

untitled.

Lately God has been teaching me and revealing to me so many things. I would write about them all, but I wouldn't even know where to start. I feel nervous, excited, anxious and glorious all at the same time. More than anything God is constantly showing how wonderful I am to Him. I often remind myself of the fact that God is romancing me every day. When I look around at the flowers, the beautiful sunsets and wonderful people He's put in my life, it makes me realize why I chose God as my bridegroom in the first place.

I don't have much to say as of late (mainly because I don't exactly know how to express it in terms of words and sentences), but I'm going to end with a villanelle I wrote for Contemporary Lit.

fitting the mold

beautiful in the eyes of the Master
beauty that’s missed most often by peers
who all want to fit in a mold made of plaster

individuality overlooked by a conformist by passer
only observing the flaws as to you he nears.
but we are all beautiful in the eyes of the Master.

the woman down the street will cast her
glance-at your imperfection she sneers.
she only wants to fit in a mold made of plaster.

you become aware of your own ugliness and your heart beats faster
your tear-stained face reveals your utter fear
but then you remember that you are beautiful in the eyes of the Master.

the world shouts and screams and tells you you’re a disaster
they don’t understand that you won’t listen to their jeers
they all want you to fit in a mold made of plaster

this eternal beauty is sure to last your
whole life and fill your whole being with cheer.
though the world may try to shove you in a mold made of plaster
you will always be beautiful in the eyes of the Master.

No comments:

Post a Comment